L. Terry Chappell, M.D.
122 Thurman St.
Bluffton, OH 45817
Tel: 419-358-4627 or 800-788-4627
L. Terry Chappell, M.D.
Family Practice and Preventive Medicine
Born: 12/23/42 in South Haven, Michigan
Private Practice: - Pandora, OH 1972-73
- West Union, OH "Health on Wheels" 1976-77
- Celebration of Health Association-Bluffton, OH - 1978 to Present
- Free Health Care Clinic- Lima, Ohio 1992 to present
Education & Hospital Staffs:
2010 - present
2010 - present
Secondary Education: South Haven, Michigan
Undergraduate Education: DePauw University, 1961-1965 B.A. Degree 6/65
Medical School: University of Michigan 1965-69 M.D. Degree 6/69
Internship: St. Benedict's Hospital Ogden, UT 1969-1970
- Clover Fork Medical Clinic, Evarts, KY 1970-1971
- Lima State Hospital, Lima, OH 1971-72 and 1973-75
- Adams-Brown Medical Center, West Union, OH 1975-76
Medical Director: Allen County Health Dept. - Lima, OH 1974-75
Private Practice: - Pandora, OH 1972-73
- West Union, OH "Health on Wheels" 1976-77
- Celebration of Health Association-Bluffton, OH - 1978 to Present
- Free Health Care Clinic- Lima, Ohio 1992 to present
Harlan Appalachian Regional Hospital - Harlan, KY 1970-71
St. Rita's Hospital - Lima, OH 1972-75
Lima Memorial Hospital - Lima, OH 1972-75 and 1978 to Present(Retired category currently)
Bluffton Community Hospital-Bluffton, OH 1972-75, 1978 -2000
Chief of Staff in 1979-80
Adams County Hospital - West Union, OH 1975-77
Chief of Staff 1977
Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center – Findlay, OH 1978-2001
* Lima Academy of Medicine - 1980 to Present
* Ohio State Medical Association - 1984 to Present
* American Academy of Family Physicians - 1972 to Present, Fellow 1978 to Present
* Friends Medical Society - 1978 to 2000
* American Holistic Medical Association - 1979 to Present
* Medical Director of Allen Acres (Children's Home) 1979-83 and Agape Homes for the
Retarded 1979 - 1987
* Sole Physician for Free Clinic at Samaritan House, Lima, Ohio (for homeless women &
children) October, 1992 to Present, currently at the Lima YMCA
* Sec/Treas Lima Area Academy of Family Physicians 1981-84
* Co-founder and President Bd. of Directors Bluffton YMCA (now called Bluffton Family
* Who's Who Directory of Medical Specialists 1977-Present
* AMA Physician's Recognition Award 1974 to Present
* Fellow AAFP 1978-Present
* Advisor Bluffton College School of Nursing & Department of Social Work 1979-1986
* Ohio Academy of Family Physicians 1972 – Present
* American College for the Advancement of Medicine '82-Present
Board of Directors 1988-2000
Fellow 1990 to Present;
Elected President-Elect November, 1993
President November 1995-1997
Chairman of Scientific Advisory Committee. 1998- 2000
* Assistant Clinical Professor - Wright State Univ. School of Medicine 1976 to Present
* Assistant Clinical Professor Medical College of Ohio 1982 to 1990
* Preceptor for students of many professional schools
* Chairman Task Force for Preventive Health Care & Education- Blanchard Valley
* Listed in Who's Who in Midwest - 1980
* Lecturer at many seminars and programs, including radio, T.V. and university campuses
* Great Lakes Association of Clinical Medicine-1984-Present
President in 1988 -1989; Board of Directors 1985-1990 and 1999- Present.
Secretary of Institutional Review Board for Research Activities 1989 – 2000
Coordinator for Scientific Advisory Committee, 1998-Present
* Board of Directors - Bluffton Natural Health Chapter 1985 to 2007
* Rheumatoid Disease Foundation 1985 - Present
* American Society of General Laser Surgery 1987 to 1993
* American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery 1988-1993
* Editor of The Laser News, 1987 to 1993
* International Academy of Proctology, 1988 to 1993
* American Association of Orthopedic Medicine - 1989 - Present
* American Preventive Medicine Association-Board member 1993 - 2000
* Health Research Foundation, Inc. - Scientific Advisory Board, 1994 - Present
* American Academy of Environmental Medicine 1994 – 2001to Present
* Enzyme Potentiated Desensitization Society-Advisory Board 1998 to 2006
* Board of Directors, International Board of Advanced Longevity Medicine 1998 to 2002
*American Comprehensive Medical Association 2000
*American Institute of Medical Preventics-Advisory Board 2001 to present
* International College for Integrative Medicine Board of Directors 2000 to present
* International College for Integrative Medicine President 2002-2008
* Nurture Commission Chairperson, First Mennonite Church 2002-2004
* American Board of Metal Toxicology- Board Advisor 2002-present
* International Board of Metal Toxicology-Advisor to the Board 2002-2004
* Defeat Autism Now (DAN) Physician-Certified 2002, recertified 2008
*American Association of Health Freedom 2004-present
*International Oxidative Medical Association 2003-present
*Medical Director, Healthy Lifestyle Options 2005-Present
*Ohio Antibiotic Resistance and Animal Agriculture Working Group-2008-Present
*Board of Directors North West Region of Ohio Academy of Family Practice 2008-present
*Certified training with Steve Kaufman, D.C. in Pain Neutralization Technique, June 3-5, 2009,
*8 Needle Acupuncture Training with Steve Kaufman, D.C. (video course)
*"Health Promotion in the Workplace" with Kenneth Pelletier, M.D. as featured speaker.
Program Chairman, Great Lakes Association of Clinical Medicine (GLACM) September, 1990 - Dearborn, Michigan.
*"Organization and Activities of Institutional Review Board" Lecture at GLACM, February, 1990 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
* Routine Use of Colposcopy as a Screening Test in Family Practice" Lecture at the annual meeting of Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, August 10,1991-
*"Office-Based Research and Clinical Guidelines". Program Chairman of GLACM February, 1991 - Chicago, Illinois.
* "Ethical Marketing of a Medical Practice". Booth presentation at GLACM, February, 1991 - Chicago, Illinois.
* "Successful Therapies in Incurable Disease". Program Chairman, GLACM, September, 1991 - Cleveland,
Ohio. Program qualified for American Academy of Family Physicians Category I Credit.
*"Hot Seat Panel" - Questions from the audience of international meeting of American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) on treatment with
EDTA Chelation Therapy. May 15, 1993 - Dallas, Texas; November 6, 1993 - Colorado Springs, Colorado; May 6, 1993 - Houston, Texas.
* "Cost Effectiveness of Alternative Medicine in the Workplace". Lecture and Press Conference, GLACM, February 26, 1993 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
* "Research Techniques" - Advanced Chelation Therapy Workshop - ACAM, May 5, 1993 - Houston, Texas.
* "The Correlation Between Improvement in Vascular Disease and EDTA Chelation Therapy - A Meta-Analysis". Lecture with John Stahl, Ph.D., ACAM, May 7,
1993 - Houston, Texas.
* "Unpublished Data on EDTA Treatment of Vascular Disease". Workshop with John Stahl, Ph.D. - ACAM, May 7, 1993 - Houston, Texas.
* "Lifestyle Changes That Affect Cardiovascular Disease". Lecture at GLACM Workshop on Treatment of Heavy Metal Toxicity. September 15, 1993 -
* "A Cost-Effectiveness Model to Compare Modalities of Treatment". Lecture - GLACM Meeting on Rapid Results in Patient Care, September 18, 1993 -
* "On-Going Meta-Analysis on the Effectiveness of EDTA Chelation Therapy in the Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease" - ACAM Lecture, November 7, 1993 -
* "Chelation Therapy in the Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases" - American Academy of Environmental Medicine annual meeting, October 1, 1995
* Symposium by Ohio Citizens for Patient Rights. Alternative Treatment for Arthritis. September 28, 1996. Toledo, OH.
* EDTA and Other Antioxidants in Vascular Disease-ACAM, November 3, 1996. Palm Springs, CA.
* Alternatives for cardiovascular disease and arthritis. Ohio State Medical School Alternative Medicine Day. March 1996, 1997, and 1998 Columbus, OH.
* Longevity Medicine in an Office Based Practice-ACAM, Spring 1998,Ft Lauderdale, FL.
* Research Techniques in Longevity Medicine-ACAM, Fall, 1998, Phoenix, AZ.
* How to Avoid the Ten Leading Causes of Death-ACAM, May 6, 1999, Orlando, FL.
* Cardiovascular Risk Factor Assessment with Laboratory Testing, ACAM, May 6,
1999, Orlando, FL.
* EDTA Chelation Therapy –Testimony before the Government Reform Committee, U.S. Congress, Representative Dan Burton, Chairman, March 10, 1999
* Alternative Medicine-the Need for Legislation-Testimony before the Health
Committee, Ohio State House of Representatives, Representative Dale Van
Vyven, Chairman, April 7, 1999
* Beyond LDL: Implications for Cardio Vascular Health and Longevity-ACAM,
October 28, 1999 Reno NV.
* Using the Laboratory to Monitor EDTA Chelation Therapy and Aggressively
Reduce Risk Factors. ACAM, October 28, 1999 Reno, NV.
* Clinical Laboratory Assessment of the Vascular Patient Including the Vulnerable Plaque. Address at the ACAM meeting in Dallas, TX 5/04/00.
* Alternatives to Ritalin. Create Peace in Children conference of the Northwest Ohio Special Education Resource Center, 5/12/00.
* Intravenous and oral adjuncts to improve the results with chelation therapy. Address at GLCCM meeting in Pittsburgh, PA. 9/15/2000.
* Safety and Choice in Medicine-the 5 Pillars of Health. Bethel College Symposium. N. Newton, KS. 11/03/00.
* Research Techniques in Clinical Practice. ACAM meeting in Nashville, TN. 5/12/01
* Medical Expert Testimony before the Danish High Court on Chelation Therapy Research, Copenhagen, Denmark. 5/1/01.
* 5 Pillars of Health- a weeklong major display with multiple speakers at the Mennonite National Conference in Nashville, 7/1/01.
* Underlying Infections as a Cause of Chronic Degenerative Diseases. Senior Concerns Center, Centerville, OH. 11/06/01.
* Organizer of Evidence-Based CME application of the ICIM meeting, March 6-10, 2002 to AAFP.
* Research Techniques in Alternative Medicine: A Workshop with Derrick Lonsdale and Rakish Shukla at ACAM meeting in Nashville, TN, May 5, 2001.
* Published Articles in the Scientific Literature on the Effectiveness and Safety of EDTA Chelation Therapy. A workshop at ICIM meeting in Cleveland, OH,
October 1, 2001.
* Using the Laboratory to Monitor EDTA Chelation Therapy and Aggressively Reduce Risk Factors. A workshop at ICIM meeting in Tampa, FL, March 6, 2002.
* Strength of the Evidence talk at ICIM meeting, Tampa, FL, March 7, 2002.
* Environmental Toxins and Risk of Cancer and Other Toxins, Tiffin, OH March 25, 2002
* Laboratory Evidence of Risk Factors in Cardiovascular Disease, AAEM meeting Kansas City, MO, April 15, 2004 and ICIM meeting, Atlanta, GA, Oct 6, 2004.
* Evidence for the use of EDTA Chelation Therapy in Vascular Disease, AAEM meeting Kansas City, MO, April 15, 2004 and ICIM meeting, Atlanta, GA, Oct 6,
* Cardiac Events in Patients Treated with Chelation Therapy, ACAM meeting May 21,2004, AAEM meeting Kansas City, MO, April 15, 2004 and ICIM meeting,
Atlanta, GA, Oct 6, 2004.
* Program Chair for ICIM meeting in Atlanta, GA Oct 6-10, 2004.
* Obesity: the Major Risk Factor at the Bluffton Health Chapter Aug 28, 2006.
* The Scientific Evidence for Reducing Cardiac Events with Chelation Therapy. Workshop at ICIM meeting. Sept. 23, 2006.
* Medical Expert Testimony on adverse health effects for neighbors of Confined Animal Feeding Organizations (CAFO). Common Pleas Court, Defiance, Ohio, February, 2006.
* What Works Best in Alternative Medicine, National Association of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Indianapolis, November, 2006.
* Two presentations, Safety and Choice in Integrative Medicine and Lifestyle Factors in Cardiovascular Disease, International Association of Integrative
Medicine and Chinese Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians, London, England, March, 2007.
* Lifestyle Factors with Integrative Medicine, International College of Integrative Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, March 23, 2007.
* Lifestyle Factors, Public seminar in Lima, Ohio, April 9, 2007, Available as a DVD and posted on healthcelebration.com and icimed.com.
* What Does the Evidence Say About a Natural Approach to Cardiovascular Disease? , Ohio Association of Occupational Nurses, October 2008, Lima, OH.
* The Medical Home, International College of Integrative Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, March 2009.
* Chappell, L.T. Current status of Chelation Therapy for cardiovascular disease. Advance metals workshop at iMOSAIC conference, Minneapolis, MN. April 7,
* Rapid Therapeutic Response with Pain Neutralization Technique, International College for Integrative Medicine, Lexington, KY, March 31, 2012.
* Organizer of workshop on Cardiac Risk Factors, International College for Integrative Medicine, Lexington, KY, March 31-April 1, 2012.
* Women’s Cardiovascular Health, Seminar in Toledo, OH, April 2012.
Peer Review Activities:
* Consultant for Ohio State Medical Board for disciplinary investigations regarding Family Practice and Alternative Medicine - 1992 to 1996.
* Reviewer for Alternative Medicine Review A Journal of Clinical Therapeutics" Richard
Birdsall, Editor-In-Chief. 1996 to Present
* Reviewer to Evaluate Articles Submitted for Publication: Journal of Advancement in Medicine - 1993 to 1999.
* OnLine Journal of Alternative Medicine - 1993 to 1999.
* Reviewer for Prevention is Basic to Health Reform, a major position paper from Partnership for Prevention, Washington, D.C., March, 1993.
* Reviewer for Alternative Therapies. 1996-present.
* Vital Cast Radio Network Advisor Board of Experts 1999-2000.
* Reviewer and Editorial Board. Clinical Practice of Alternative Medicine. Derrick Lonsdale, Editor-in Chief. 1999-2003
* Consultant for National Institutes of Health and National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine to evaluate request for applications of
Chelation Therapy for vascular disease with 4 University professors in Bethesda, MD January 5, 2002. Also consultation in Bethesda in March 2000.
* Reviewer for American Journal of Cardiology November 2002.
* Workshop Coordinator for Protection and Profitability Workshop, ICIM meeting, Grand Rapids, MI, 9/14/05 and 9/15/05. Presentations on “What works
best in clinical practice” and “Electronic Medical Records How they can save time and make you more efficient.”
* Pearls and Nuggets of Clinical Practice-9/18/05 ICIM meeting, Grand Rapids, MI
* Program Committee for International College of Integrative Medicine programs on “Wellness” in Nashville and “Nutrition” in Pittsburgh-both 2008.
Publications and Awards:
1. Research Award - Ohio Academy of Family Physicians Annual Research Day "Best New Presenter" - August, 1991.
2. Chappell, L.T. - Motivation in Clinical Practice, Monograph, self-published, 1982.
3. Travis, John, The Wellness Workbook for Professionals, Ten Speed Press, 1981. Chapter on preventive medical practice.
4. Trowbridge, J.P. and Walker, M., The Yeast Syndrome, Bantam Books, 1986. Two case reports.
5. Faber, W., and Walker, M., Pain, Pain, Go Away, Ischy Press, 1990. Three case reports.
6. Chappell, L.T., "The Use of Anti-Yeast Therapy and Elimination Diet in Crohn's Disease", Journal of Advancement in Medicine, 1990.
7. Research Award from Great Lakes Association of Clinical Medicine - 1991.
8. Chappell, L.T., and Kienow, N.T., "Joint Stabilization with Reconstructive Therapy", Journal of Advancement in Medicine, 1992.
9. Faber, W. and Walker, M. - Instant Pain Relief, Biological Publications, June, 1991. Case Reports.
10. Brecher, A. and H., 40-Something Forever, Healthsavers Press, 1992. Case Reports.
11. Chappell, L.T., Kienow, N.T., Sielski, J. - "The Comparison of Pap Smears and Colposcopy for the Detection of Cervical Pathology in a Family Practice",
Journal of Advancement in Medicine, Fall, 1991.
12. Chappell, L.T., "Identification of Trichomonas Vaginalis in Asymptomatic Women Using Phase Contrast Microscopy and V.I.P. Stain", Journal of
Advancement in Medicine, Fall, 1991.
13. Chappell, L.T., et. al. - "White Paper on Cost Effectiveness of Alternative Medicine in the Workplace". Prepared for the Great Lakes Association
of Clinical Medicine 1993.
14. Chappell, L.T., Stahl, J.P., Evans, R. EDTA Chelation Treatment for Vascular Disease: A Meta-Analysis Using Unpublished Data. Journal of
Advancement in Medicine, Vol.7 - No.3, 1994.
15. Chappell, L.T., Stahl, J.P., "The Correlation Between EDTA Chelation Therapy and Improvement in Cardiovascular Function: A Meta-Analysis." Journal
of Advancement in Medicine, Vol.6 - No.2, 1993.
16.Chappell, L.T., "Letter to the Editor" of Journal of Advancement in Medicine in response to correspondence from Elmer M. Cranton, M.D., regarding short versus long infusions of EDTA".
17. Runner-up Golden Rule Award, for the Alternative Health Care Clinic at the Good Samaritan House for homeless women and children. April 20, 1994.
18. Chappell, L.T., "Bibliography on Mechanisms of Action of EDTA". Townsend Letter for Doctors. 1994: May; 130:475.
19. Chappell, L.T. "Chelation Therapy, Smoking and Health Care Costs". Letter to the Editor Journal of Advancement in Medicine Vol 7 No. 2 Summer '94.
20. Chappell, L.T., "EDTA Chelation Treatment for Vascular Disease". Journal of Advancement in Medicine, Vol 7 No.3, Fall '94.
21. Chappell, L.T., "Randomized Double-Blind Studies on Sodium-Magnesium EDTA." Journal of Advancement in Medicine, Vol 8 No.2, Summer '95.
22. Chappell, L.T., "The Medicine of Nonviolence." Fellowship, March/April 1995. (reprinted in 3 other publications)
23. Winner, JC Penny Golden Rule Award for Alternative Health Care Clinic, April 26,1995.
24. Volunteers of the Year Award, Samaritan House, Lima, Ohio, May 17, 1995.
25. Slide presentation on Cardiovascular Disease and EDTA chelation therapy for ACAM, translated into 3 languages, 1994.
26. Chappell, L.T., ed History of the American College for Advancement in Medicine, ACAM Press, 1994.
27. Casdorph, H.R. and Walker, M., Toxic Metal Syndrome, Avery Publishing Group, 1995. Case reports.
28. Chappell, L.T., "EDTA Chelation Therapy Should Be More Commonly Used in The Treatment of Vascular Disease". Alternative Therapies, Vol. 1 No,2,
29. Chappell, L.T., "EDTA chelation treatment for peripheral vascular disease".Letter to the Editor Journal of Internal Medicine No. 237: 429-434.
30. Citizens For Health Outstanding Service Award, for Outstanding Health Freedom Activist. November 11, 1994
31. Godfrey ME, Frackleton JP, and Chappell LT. Chelation therapy for intermittent claudication. NZ Med J. 1994; 107:495.
32. Presidential Commendation Award, ACAM, November 2, 1995. Demonstrating the higher standard of which the art and science of medicine can and
should be raised.
33. Chappell, L.T., “EDTA Chelation Therapy Should Be More Commonly Used in The Treatment of Vascular Disease”. Alternative Therapies, Vol. 1 No, 2,
34. Chappell, LT, "Chelation Therapy". Letter to the Editor Circulation Vol 92, No 5 September 1, 1995
35. Godfrey ME, Chappell LT. "Chelation therapy for intermittent claudication- a reappraisal". NZ Med J. 109:83 March 8 1996
36. Chappell, LT, Janson, M. "EDTA Chelation therapy in the treatment of vascular disease". J Cardiovasc Nurs 1996;10(3):78-86
37. Chappell, LT, "Disputes author's conclusions on effectiveness of EDTA Chelation Therapy." Letter to the Editor Alternative Therapies 1996; Vol.2
38. Chappell, LT, Whitaker, J., Janson, M. A Challenge to Cardiovascular Surgeons. A Guest Editorial. Journal of Advancement in Medicine. Vol 9, No.3 Fall
39. Volunteer of the year award, Specialized Alternatives for Youth, Nov. 1996.
40. Chappell, LT. Questions from the Heart. Hampton Roads, VA. Aug.96.
41. The Right Stuff Award, The Life Center, Houston, TX, Nov. 1996
42. Shuck JR, Chappell LT, Kindness G. Causal Modeling and Alternative Medicine. Alternative Therapies 1997; 3:40-47.
43. Chappell, LT. Applications of EDTA Chelation Therapy. Alt Med Review 1997;2:426-432.
44. Outstanding service award. American Preventive Medicine Association. 1998 Chappell, LT. Research Priorities in Alternative Medicine-a survey.
45.Chappell LT, Wilson J. Chelation Therapy for vascular disease (letter). Circulation 1999; 99:1, 164-165. Chappell LT. Research Priorities in Alternative
Medicine (a poster presentation). Ohio Academy of Family Physicians Research Day. April 24, 1999.
46. Chappell LT, White Paper on Safety in Medicine. Townsend Letter for Doctors. November 2000. 92-97.
47. Chappell, L.T., Using the Laboratory in Longevity Medicine in The Advanced Guide to Longevity Medicine, Edited by Ghen, MJ. Partners in Wellness,
Landrum, SC. 2001.
48. Chappell LT, Angus RC, Stahl JP, Evans R. Brachial Artery Stiffness as an Outcomes Measurement for Patients with Vascular Disease. Clin Pract Alt.
49. Chappell, L. T. Adjuncts to EDTA-Chelation Therapy Used by Experienced Clinicians: a survey. Clin Pract Alt Med; 2000:1, 252-254.
50. Chappell, L.T. House bill 90 to protect the practice of alternative medicine in Ohio. Sponsored by Senator Charles Horn and Representative George
Terwillager. Passed, signed by Governor Robert Taft, and went into effect October 11, 2000.
51. Chappell, L.T. EDTA Treatment for Vascular Disease: Meta-analyses (2 chapters) in A Textbook on EDTA Chelation Therapy. 2nd Edition. Edited by
Cranton, EM. Hampton Roads, Charlottesville, VA. 2001.
52. Chappell, L.T. Investigator for the use of intravenous aloe vera as an adjunct in the treatment of metastatic cancer. North Texas Research Center.
53. Chappell, L.T. Investigator for study on the use of enzyme-potentiated desensitization under William Shrader, Chief Investigator, Santa Fe, NM 1993-
2000. Not published.
54. Chappell, L.T., Shukla, R., Yang, J., Blaha, R., Born, T., Hancke, C., Mitchell, W., Olszewer, E., van der Schaar, P., Ventresco, J., Subsequent Cardiac and
Stroke Events in Patients with Known Vascular Disease Treated with EDTA Chelation Therapy, a Multi Center Retrospective Study with Meta-Analysis.
Evid Based Integrative Med 2005;2(1):27-35.
55. Chappell, L.T. Investigator for Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy funded NIH and NCCAM, 2004-present.
56. Chappell, L.T. Included in 2004-2005 “Guide to America’s Top Family Doctors.” Consumers’ Research Council of America, Washington, D.C.
57. Chappell LT. White Paper on Safety and Choice in Integrative Medicine, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Integrative Medicine,
Institute of Integrative Medicine and Chinese Medicine, London England, 2006.
58. Chappell LT. Lifestyle Factors in Cardiovascular Disease. Proceedings of the First International Conference on Integrative Medicine, Institute of
Integrative Medicine and Chinese Medicine, London England, 2006.
59. Chappell LT. Lifestyle Factors in Integrative Medicine. Submitted to Alternative Medicine Review, May 2007.
60. Chappell, LT. Should EDTA chelation therapy be used instead of long-term clopidogrel plus aspirin to treat patients at risk from drug-eluting stents?
Accepted for publication in Alternative Medicine Review, June 2007.
61. Chappell LT. White Paper on Safety and Choice with Integrative Medicine. 2 Parts. Accepted for publication in Townsend Letter, May 2007.
62. Chappell, LT. In Defense of Physicians Selling Supplements from their offices. Letter to the Editor. Alternative Therapies. Jan 2009.
63. Chappell, LT. Basic control for Diabetes. . Healthy Referral. January 24, 2008.
64. Chappell, LT. The Five Pillars of Health-Do Not Settle for Less. Healthy Referral. January 24, 2008.
65. email@example.com Blog-updated twice a week with short articles on medical issues in the news. Beginning in 2008.
66. Chappell, Terry. Dispersement and Agglomeration in Medicine-the Wisdom of T. C. Mc Daniels. Lost Health Secrets Handbook 2008. P. 33-35
67. Chappell, LT. Memory Loss in Clinical Practice. Healthy Referral. In Press.
68. Buttar, R, Chappell, LT, 10 other co authors. Heavy Metal Toxicity. In Press.
69. The Heart/Stroke Recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for L. Terry Chappell, M.D.-2009.
70. Physician Practice Connections® -Patient-Centered Medical Home ™ Recognition at Level 3 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance-March
71. Chappell, Terry. A Patient Asks About Chelation Therapy. Townsend Letter, May 2010, p.56-59.72.
72. Chappell, L.T. Chelation Therapy for Cardiovascular disease: a dozen issues worth considering. Townsend Letter, May, 2011, p. 42-44.
73. International College of Integrative Medicine Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award, March 14, 2009. Presented in Indianapolis, IN.
74. Chappell, L.T., Schachter, M. Trowbridge, J. A Chelation Timeline. Online at www.chelation.me. November 2012.
75. Chappell, L.T. Augustine, A. Informed consent for vascular disease after TACT. In press for the Townsend Letter, 2013.
76. Augustine, A, Chappell, LT, How Does the Informed Consent Change Now that We Have TACT? Townsend Letter, May 2013, p. 92-95.
77.Lamas, G. Chappell, LT, et al. Clinical Benefit of EDTA-based Chelation Therapy And High-dose Oral Multi-minerals in TACT-An Expanded Comparison
of 2 Factorial Groups. In press.
78. Chappell, L.T. 7 Great Therapies for Natural Pain Management. Natural Awakenings, Dec 2013.
79. Chappell, LT, Drisko, J. Protocol Controversies for treating cardiovascular disease with EDTA Chelation Therapy. Townsend Letter 2014. In press.
80. EDTA Chelation Therapy. Townsend Letter 2014. May 2014, 38-4
81. Chappell LT. The new cardiovascular risk factor guidelines require patient decisions—guest editorial. Townsend Letter 2014;Aug/Sept:97-98.
82. Drisko JA, Chappell LT, Lamas G, et.al. Safety in the TACT study (in press)
83. Chappell, LT, Drisko, J. Protocol Controversies for treating cardiovascular disease with Lamas G, Boineau R, Goertz C, Mark DM, Rosenberg Y Stylianau M, Rozema T, Nahin RL, Chappell LT, Linblad L, Lewis EF, Drisko JA, Lee KL. EDTA chelation therapy alone and in combination with oral high-dose multivitamins and minerals for coronary disease: the factorial group results of the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy. Am Heart J 2014;168:37-44.e5
84. Kondrot E. Physicians explain chelation therapy (book in press). Chapter by Chappell LT. “If you believe in evidence medicine, you have to accept the results”.
85. Family Team Care certification by Celebration of Health Association office physician and staff (in progress) 2014-2015
86. Chappell LT, Neal TR, Paphanchith N. Integrative Approach to Diabetes. Townsend Letter 2015;May: pages 46-53.
87. Chappell LT. et.al. Chelation and Detoxification, Guest Editorial, Townsend Letter, August/September 2015, 97-98.
88. Drisko J, Lee KL, Mark P, Rosenberg Y, Boineau R, Chappell LT, et.al. Postmycardioal infarction treatment with edetate disosium was safe in the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy. Poster presentation at the American Heart Association, accepted for the Nov. 10 meeting in Orlando, FL.